- What if I don’t have any insurance?
We do offer services on a sliding scale (and other funding available for those who qualify). Read more about payment options or call 503-535-1151 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- Do you accept insurance?
Yes, we have several insurance contracts. Learn more about our payment and coverage options.
- Is it possible for my loved ones to get support also?
Yes. Family and loved ones are encouraged to participate in our Integrated Family Program. They can receive services before/during/after you are a client with us or regardless of whether you ever actually enroll with us. We even offer some initial FREE services for concerned significant others in a group named Support Person’s Group. Call 503-535-1151 and ask for Betony Jacobs for more information. Click here to learn more about our Family Therapy Program.
- Does De Paul conduct urine analysis?
Yes, we do. The frequency depends on the clients, and it may vary from 1 to 4 times per month.
- How often will I meet with a counselor?
Clients usually meet with their primary counselor for individual sessions once or twice per month. However, depending on need, a client may meet more often.
- How often do I need to show up for Outpatient appointments?
The frequency varies from client to client, and it is based on need.
- How successful are clients who enter De Paul Treatment Centers Outpatient program?
Over 70% of our clients who engage in treatment for 90 days or more complete the program successfully. In addition, 95% of our clients would recommend our program to a family member or friend.
- What kinds of groups are offered?
Click here for a list of group descriptions.
- How long is the Outpatient program?
Typical duration is 3 to 5 months, but it varies with each client.